The Development Director is a full-time, permanent position that reports to the Executive Director.
The responsibilities include:
- Fostering and maintaining new and existing donor relations
- Conducting outreach to new members
- Coordinating direct mail and online appeals
- Coordinating a major gift campaign with the Executive Director
- Working with staff on grant proposals
- Planning events
- Overseeing volunteers in data entry, events, and other membership outreach activities
Specific objectives in the first year include:
- Working with the Executive Director to develop a fundraising plan that prioritizes an increase in memberships, stewardship, and major gifts and implementing the plan
- Analyzing the membership database, Salesforce, and its capabilities alongside other possible database programs to establish the most efficient way for relating to members and tracking donations
- Working with a volunteer committee and staff to coordinate the organization’s 50th anniversary celebration and related events in 2019
Two years fundraising experience is required, five years is preferred. Candidates with the following qualities are likely to be most successful in this work:
- Communicative. Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Assertive and self-directed. The Development Director will be responsible for carving out this new position, which has not existed in recent years.
- Collaborative. The Development Director is part of a team that reviews organizational goals and the resources needed to accomplish them.
- Goals-oriented, creative, and persistent. This position has specific measurable goals and a candidate driven by a commitment to the environment and public health as well as metrics will be most successful.
- Interest in environmental, conservation, or sustainability issues
- High degree of professionalism and ethical standards
- Availability to work some weekends and occasional weeknights
- Some travel throughout the state of Missouri
- Experience working in a team and in a supervisory role
Salary: $40 - $45,000, depending on experience